10.1.14

Since I've Been Gone - Part 1: TYW

10.1.14 Posted by Nikki Carlson , , , No comments
Since my initial departure from Atlanta last December, I've had an exciting few weeks & months... I won't do the experiences justice by this basic recap, but hopefully I can map out my general path for those reading. 


My travels began with two weeks spent in Saint Thomas and the British Virgin Islands.  Each island and day was filled with beautiful beaches, lots of parties, and time with great friends, both old and new!

TYW Fleet
The Yacht Week was a wonderful way to say goodbye to 2013 and ring in the new year with many of my best friends!  It was also a fantastic way to say goodbye to so many great friends before relocating to the other side of the world! 


To say 2013 was a year of personal adversity and change wouldn't come close to expressing the truth, but to wake up on a yacht full of great friends with stunning weather and spotless beaches was a nice reminder that everyday is a new day, and every year holds promises of better times to come.


At the end of our week, the horrible winter storms hitting the States kept many Yacht Weekers in the islands.  

"Unfortunately" I was stuck there for a few extra days during which I found a lovely Bed & Breakfast and spent my days in waiting reading Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise, which was (and remains) an overly fitting title for my life, as I lounged by the pool and soaked in the warm ocean breezes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment